72850Re: [Z_Scale] My nest new layout

  • BAZ
    May 17, 2013
      Be aware: if you run with 2 different powered track mains and, you accidentally crossover, you most certainly will kill one of you power sources! DC does not like the reverse polarities of DCC and vice-versa (from me, the electronics guy).

      DCC'd locos do *not* as well as you would expect on DC as it takes several volts to 'turn on' the decoder, therefore they will run *noticeably* slower! Most newer DCC decodes default the DC or 'Analog Mode' to Off so they will not run at all. This can be enabled if it is off.

      If you have AZL, MTL GP7 or 35 or SD40, or most of Marklin's electrics, you can use sorta drop-in decoders. Any other loco requires hand wired decoders.

      If you have 2 or more Mains and especially sidings or spurs, DCC is the way to go. In Z scale, if no power routing turnouts, essentially 2 wires to the track and you can run *any* loco *anywhere* at *any* speed or in *any* direction !

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z

      Sent 'from the road'