72653Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Dead BR89 might try this

  • Alan Cox
    Apr 8, 2013
      On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:28:53 -0700 (PDT)
      thomas cipelle <thomasc600@...> wrote:

      > first of all not sure if correct method checking motor. what I due is apply 2wire leads from transformer see if motor runs if that fails then I remove woren brushes   clean litte commator
      > using  wire brushes form paint sprayer cleaner get from Habor Too lusing 91% alchol get carbor residue off then take leads from trans former  bend copper leads 90 degrees apply about4volts touching comtator both sides see if armature starts turning if works  then order set  new brushes remember not saying this is proper method. Normal  sending to repair shop in florida or texas
      > Oh don't forget if order brushes need  know if 3   or 5 pole brushes they  not interchangeable Tom C.

      Its also worth checking the motor will spin if you turn the worm by hand
      - sometimes thats even enough to unjam an old motor and begin to get it
      back going again.

      Alan
    • Show all 38 messages in this topic