72612Re: Track crossing question

  • Patrick
    Apr 4, 2013
      Hi,

      About 5 years ago I decided to create a crossover module, and realized that to maintain a 2 percent grade or less, I needed about 6 feet length for the module. One set of tracks had to be cut lower into the foam and the other set raised to clear the lower ones. There are photos in the CrossoverModule photo folder on this website, and complete details in two Ztrack articles from 2008. After I built it, I realized that I had the same cross wiring issue, and solved it by creating an end module that was wired differently to accommodate the crossover wiring. Trains run fine with this combination. This obviously won't help if you're trying to do all this in a briefcase layout. So, it can be done, but you just need a lot more space.

      Pat
    • Show all 38 messages in this topic