72479Re: [OT]Re: [Z_Scale] Track work - a lighter side

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Mar 12, 2013
      Yes Jeff, about 12 to 13 hours to run the 160-kilometer distance between Merida and Valladolid. What is funny about that railroad (which will be the basis for my future Z scale layout - I already have repainted a MTL GP35 and I have 2 undec AZL GP38 for that purpose) is that it has been regauged to standard less than 30 years ago, in 1986. Prior to that it was 3' gauge and part of what was Ferrocarriles de Yucatan, a 3' gauge railroad network, with no connection with the remaining of mexican railroads until the 50's... And although the regauging trackwork was less than 30 years old it gave the feeling that it was very old...

      But for those who appreciate caboose operations and locomotives without ditchlights in 2013, this railroad is definitly a must!

      Dom