72288Re: Marklin F7 Spares Issue - wheel set (treibradsatz) part number?

  • zscalehobo
    Feb 22, 2013
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Brady <kbvrod@...> wrote:

      > Hi Frank,all,
      >
      > On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM, zscalehobo <zscalehobo@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > >He has one that is in dire need of a new set of drive wheels ... the
      > > metal plating is peeling off the wheel, leaving exposed brass below. This
      > > wheelset has a gear mechanism in the middle of it.
      > > See the wheelset here:
      > > http://zscalehobo.com/photos/marklin/bn_f7_truck_set.jpg <
      > >
      > Brass?Maybe an alloy but not brass.Have you cleaned the units and
      > re-tested? I just redid a 30+ M unit and saw no signs of 'peeling' on the
      > wheels.

      *************
      Frank zhobo said:
      From looking at this unit, the wheel is plated with a silver-colored alloy ... I'd guess at 100-150 microns thick ... below is a copper-gold-brass-colored metal that is the base material. Short of throwing it into an EDAX chamber, I was simply guessing. No, this is not material caked onto it. This is the flash/coating/plating that is backed away exposing the base material. This is the only unit i've ever seen showing this.

      Yes, what I am doing for this customer is removing all the gunk, dust, debris, chunks of "stuff" that are keeping the loks from moving. They are running great, except for this ugly visual on the wheelset on his shiny silver "Burlington" F7. Nice looking lok.
      *************

      > > >I have pulled the various part number sheets and found that the same item
      > > (19 or 14) on the charts is not a valid part number any longer. Anyone know
      > > the part number to order or if there is a part number for the entire F7
      > > truck assembly?<
      > >
      > Märklin changed spare part numbers and added a letter in front of them.So
      > hard to search without knowing.They also -now- to purchase 10 spare parts
      > at a time but this might be helpful if you doing a lot of repairs.

      *************
      Frank zhobo said
      Yeah, the number/letter combinations are not working and Lokshop has been unable to help me as of yet.
      *************

      > > >Any insight is appreciated as I am trying to advance my locomotive
      > > service capabilities. It will be difficult without spares.<
      > >
      > I do not know if any US M dealers keep an inventory of spare parts,you
      > might want to seek out German dealers who do:
      >
      > http://www.lokshop.de/
      >
      > http://stores.ebay.com/lok-doctor

      Frank zhobo said
      Thanks! Still trying to find the parts at Lokshop. Lokdoctor had radsatz (wheelsets), but not triebradsatz (wheelsets with gears).