72255Re: [Z_Scale] Marklin's 5 3/4 inch (#8510) curve track

  • BAZ
    Feb 17, 2013
      Not really. The 5-3/4" (145mm) is the radius so 2x. is 11-1/2". The track is 1/4" between the rails but 7/16 across the ties (call it a 1/2") so now it is 12". When you run trains, especially on the curves, the loco and rolling stock will easily exceed this.

      The attaché and Kibri type layouts use that same radius to make their over/under double oval. Most everything will run on it, even the steam locos. But it looks funny.

      Jeff