72191Re: When will the time come for Switchers?

  • mark2playz
    Feb 4, 2013
      For me it's really a matter of the road and era and how much you want to model a prototype. I model the WP in the early diesel era. They ran F units on the road and SW units in the yards, later replacing units with road switchers (gp7 & gp9) over time. Also if you are modelling a small yard, an SW1000 series fits better than than the larger sd7.

      Mark

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "dr strangelove" wrote:

      > I know all you guys want switch engines, but could anyone tell me why? Is it because they are small and cool looking? ( I do like them because they are small and cool looking) Is it becasue you have big train yards? Myself, I am working on a particular RR at a particular time, and though they did switching, it was always with a road engine. GP7, SD7, ect. I am always interested in new things in Z and any new engine type is welcome, but I am just wondering if there are folks out there that think they can only do switching operations with a switch engine?

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic