72136Re: Seeking assistance with Marklin #8800 loco

  • Jeff Faust
    Jan 29, 2013
      Thanks for that link, Mark. Definitely bookmarking that one.

      Arduinos are great. I've already used them for N scale semaphores. For the throttle, I'm using an L293D driver chip to handle track current, and so far, so good. The Arduino makes it easy to add some features that otherwise would be difficult to do, like one-knob speed/direction control, and a motion sensor to shut the layout off in an unattended room. Stay tuned.

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mark2playz" wrote:
      > Jeff,
      > You might want to check out: http://www.z-world.com/instructions/
      > for the instructions that go with the 8800.
      > Also I'll be interested in reading about your Arduino-base throttle. I did one years ago using the Parallax Basic Stamp, similar to their online app note. Haven't done much with the Arduino yet, but I see some interesting opportunities with the on-chip analog.
      > Mark
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic