71775Re: hello from a newbie

  • holdthefort57
    Dec 8, 2012
      Thanks Rob,

      If I put up some catenary, I was going to paint it a gray-green patina to help hide the oversize wire size. I've been a little leery of chemical blackening, since I've read about issues with that causing rusting. Have you had any issues with your blackened wire? And yes, it was going to be functional (I'll be running DC and not DCC).

      By the way, our club HO modular layout has live catenary and everyone is always amazed that it works (we are too, considering how many times it's been set up and taken down for shows!)

      Marty

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kluz <ztrack@...> wrote:

      > Marty,
      >
      > Welcome!!
      >

      > I use the Marklin reverse loop track sections. It works well. Rokuhan also has a reverse loop controller and system. But it is tied in with their track system. If you are using Marklin track, I would just go with the Marklin reverse loop system.
      >
      > I love my catenary, but it can be a pain! Marklin offers the only functioning catenary. If you add it, make it functioning. It is worth the extra effort. I blacken my catenary wires. This helps to hide them.
      >
      > Rob Kluz

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic