7088Re: [z_scale] Re: Z muZeum

  • Edward Scullin
    Nov 3, 2001
      David, If you do it, you could provide links to the page that have
      the Marklin and Micro trains stuff shown alraeady (Z world etc).
      What i would like to se is either three or four pictures of the same
      thing (Side, End, Top and if needed an Obverse). That way we could
      get a better handle on how things might appear if we had one to look
      at. This would apply to cars as well as locomotives.
      just a thought
      Ed Scullin

      SNIP

      > Now, my main concern is bandwidth, so resolution would have to be
      > kept
      > down. I'll think about a way to set this up. I encourage any
      > suggestions!
      >
      > -David
      >

      > At 05:39 PM 11/3/2001 +0000, you wrote:
      > >This post is directed for David Karp for consideration.
      > >
      > >I really like this idea of a virutal museum from Daniel Baechtold.
      > >I think he is really on to something. Now here is what I was
      > >thinking...
      > >David, your web site www.zscale.org is probably one of the most
      > >professional looking and best conceived sites in any model
      > >railroad scale. The content has already become a reference for
      > >Z_Scale members and it continues to develop at a good clip.
      > >
      > >I have also noticed that you have a growing collection of US and
      > >relatively scarce European models. Hmmm...
      > >
      > >So...how much space do you have available on your server?
      > >Would you like to host a photo gallery of Z items as a reference
      > >source for the Z universe?
      > >
      > >I would be happy to supply photos of the NMRA Heritage cars as
      > >well as my scratch built stuff. I'm sure that Hans Riddervold,
      > >Harald Freudenreich, Rob Kluz, Reynard Wellman, Chris Miller,
      > >Bob Olsen et al would agree to have their products posted in the
      > >"MuZeum".
      > >
      > >What say you?
      > >
      > >Cheers,
      > >Jeffrey MacHan