70517Re: [Z_Scale] Re: THE BIG NEWS AT DENVER...

  • Reynard Wellman
    May 9, 2012
      HI David,
      I worked in Nn3 for a while and all in all, it's pretty close to actual "scale parameters" modeling...
      (turnouts hand-built with code 40 or code 30 rail, etc) but even then, there are always fudge
      factors to up with put. Hand building track and turnouts is very time consuming but it's fun
      once you've collimated all the adjustments that make the layout operational.

      I agree: To do similar "fine-scale" modeling in Z scale would require the resources
      of a Swiss watchmaker and a layout built and operating in an Intel "clean room".
      Even now, accumulations of dust and dander adversely affect my "off-the-shelf"
      Z scale operations. And I can't imagine building code 20 track and turnouts!

      Your new design for a Z scale coupler looks very promising and I wish you the
      greatest success in manufacturing this elegant solution to our coupling & de-coupling woes.

      Viva the innovator!

      Reynard Wellman
      http://www.micronart.com