70515Re: THE BIG NEWS AT DENVER...

  • david.davidksmith
    May 8 8:27 PM
      There's nothing to prevent scaling down wheels and rails precisely to 1:220 (long ago I did it for N scale). For it to function, however, the trackwork must be nothing less than absolutely perfect, and the cars weighted well above standard practice. Sprung trucks and drivers are also a necessity. By this time, costs would be astronomical--over a hundred dollars per wheelset; a few hundred for one truck; perhaps a thousand for one car, and the track--I cannot even imagine it. In the end, though, for someone with bottomless pockets, completely accurate wheels and track are indeed feasible. Practical, however, they are not.

      Regards,
      David

      http://davidksmith.com/modeling.htm