69536Re: Dead RDC-2

  • Stew
    Feb 6, 2012
      I put my RDC on powered track and lifted up each end. That told me which truck was the problem. I then removed the truck and the end steps. In turning the connection on the truck for the drive shaft, the wheels on the truck turned with no problem. I then put a screw driver into the connection of the drive shaft on the motor and the wheels on the truck on the other end turned okay. I put the drive shaft back in and remounted the truck, and of course the problem still exists. The drive shaft has the four points on both ends. For some reason that I can't see, the one drive shaft is not turning the wheels on the one truck. The trucks were not twisted out of the slots.

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mark2playz" <mark.markham@...> wrote:
      > Stew,
      > Check the drive shafts going into the trucks. They can get disconnected if the trucks get twisted out of the slots in the side of the body and they collect hair easily.
      > Also make sure you have a clean work area and if possible work in a plastic box. If the trucks have twisted out of the slots, the drive shafts can fall out and they are a real pain to find.
      > Hope this helps,
      > Mark
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Stew" <skwins@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Group,
      > >
      > > I've been running my AZL RDC-2 without any problems until tonight. The light comes on for the correct direction but there's no movement of the RDC. Anyone have a similar problem and know what I can do to fix it?
      > >
      > > Stew

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic