      From: mark2playz <mark.markham@...>
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: A Theoretical Question
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, November 4, 2011, 3:19 PM

      I've been using rechargeable NiMH 9V batteries in my Ztrack controller for some time and overall been happy with the results. Two batteries and a general purpose charger (which I also use with D cells for other purposes) cost the better part of $100.
      The NiMH battery runs at 8.4V which is fine although it seems to affect the high speed a bit. The battery will run a GP for about 5-6 hrs of normal operation and recharges overnight. The only thing strange with NiMH cells is that they lose power quickly when they need to be recharged, so the cell can go from near full power to zero in just a minute.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic