67075Re: Re : [Z_Scale] Rokuhan track survey questions.

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    May 31, 2011
      > *Under table machines are not very
      > practical if you are operating on two or
      > MORE inches of foam.  So this would mean they should
      > work both under and
      > above...IMHO
      >
      > ...don

      Foam is easy to carve. Myself I had to face such an issue: on my layout I've a cross-over that is ~1 inch above the benchwork. As my planning ability is rather poor I initially set the roadbed on a lenghty wood support. I decided to drill a hole in the wood support for Tortoise's rod, to use a thicker (and longer) steel rod than the sample included with Tortoises, and to set the Tortoise under the benchwork, so between 2.5 and 3 cm lower than normal position. And with the new steel rod everything works fine.

      So in the future, except maybe for hidden staging yard I've no plan to rely on side powered turnouts.

      Dom
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic