66943Re: Rokuhan suitcase layout idea is introduced in a video and your input is requested.

  • ronaldjhurley
    May 11 8:00 PM
      Garth,
      It is truly interesting that somebody would market a reasonably priced briefcase kit and probably a good marketing idea for a new company trying to gain a foothold. I still have some problems with the tie spacing issue but this is no problem with a stand alone layout that many would do on the side.
      ron

      > The briefcase layout is being upgraded to be suitable for R145 curves and case will be 70 x 70cm and the height remains the same. THis will mean that just about anything you currently run will work on the layout.It will certainly be usable with MTL F7 and GP9 or 35 and 40 ft cars. Not sure if it will be offered with the enw smaller switch and there is a new controller to be released later this year. I will have samples of most of this new stuff later this summer and while I won't make the Anational in Sacramento I might make it to Houston for the big train show in October with some samples of the new stuff.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic