      From: Loren Snyder
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 8:55 AM
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: GP7 Shell Swap Q

      Dave,
      Yes, I believe MTL just replaced the chassis and whatever they did with the
      faulty one is anyone's guess. That just happened again last week for one of
      my customers. Found out that MTL simply put a new chassis under the hood
      and returned the next day. It would be my bet that 'if' they can't readily
      find the issue, they simply scratch the whole chassis into parts and start
      over. The chassis can always be melted and recast like they do junk cars.
      Or maybe they simply take them out back and release some pressure by
      throwing the offending loco as hard as they can against a brick wall.
      There would be a certain amount of satisfaction in doing that I'm sure. :o)

      Why not box them all up and send to Gail at MTL and tell her the peace of
      the world rests upon her ability to repair them to good running order? MTL
      is good about making things right.

      Loren