      From: mark2playz <mark.markham@...>
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, April 6, 2011 12:40:05 PM
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Rail-it

      Lee,
      You might want to try the Marklin rerailer. It's shorter and will work with just
      one 110mm straight section, while the MTL version needs more space. The
      disadvantage with the Marklin unit is that it's too short to work for the 80-90
      ft proto rolling stock. For the big boys you need the MTL rerailer.

      Mark
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Lee Barry <z_scale2@...> wrote:

      > Micro Trains makes one that they pack with their train sets. The problem I had

      > with mine was the height it is. I do not have a long enough straight place on
      >my
      >
      > layout so I cannot use it. The cars come off of it too fast. They also will
      >sell
      >
      > yo one, but be sure you have enough straight track. You wrote of Kato. The MT
      >is
      >
      > twice the height of a Kato or even greater. I have been thinking bout cutting
      > mine down, but will need to be able to hold it while I cut. I suggest you buy
      >at
      >
      > least two of these or more, "one to play with and the others to use'!!!
      > Sometimes I wish Kato would come out with Z products, but I shudder to think of
      >
      > what they would cost. You know Z is right now where N was about 1994. Look at N
      >
      > now. When I first got into N the people in our club would kinda snicker about
      > them until they could see what they could do. Lee Barry

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic