66600Layouts Wanted For Southern California Tour (June 25)

  • Bob C
    Mar 26, 2011
      Hello -

      Model Railroads of Southern California is planning a model railroad layout tour in the Redlands, San Bernardino and the Lake Arrowhead-Big Bear Lake, CA, areas on Saturday, June 25.

      We have yet to have a Z scale layout on a tour so if you have an operating Z scale layout and live the tour area, please contact me off list.

      This will be the twenty-fifth tour sponsored by the group since 2006. Over 300 layouts have participated in these tours. The usual format will apply, that is, the tour will be self-guided and free, and I'll provide the publicity, schedules and maps. Attendance should be between forty to seventy visitors spread out during the hours you would be open.

      If you have any questions before committing to the tour, please feel free to contact me off list. I hope you'll join with other area layout owners and show your layout to your fellow model railroaders.

      Thank you.

      Bob Chaparro
      Model Railroads of Southern California
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Model_Railroads_Of_Southern_California/
      Hemet, CA
      chiefbobbb@...

      Additional Info: My Yahoo group has over 1,300 members. We have conducted free, self-guided layout tours from Santa Barbara and Bakersfield down through San Diego. I was the Layout Tour Chairman for the 2008 national conventions of the NMRA and Santa Fe Railway Historical & Modeling Society, and the 2011 Sn3 Symposium. I am a past President of the Pacific Southwest Region/NMRA.

      The work I do for the Yahoo group is completely voluntary and I accept no money, gifts or favors for this work. All group expenses are paid by me.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic