65532Re: [Z_Scale] Re: How real is Marklin?

  • reynard wellman
    Oct 7, 2010
      Hi Rob,
      I agree, Marklin Z scale is excellent, always performed right
      out of the box and looks good too. After all, the scale is
      their invention in the first place.

      Trying to compete by moving production around to cheaper
      labor markets has often proven to be a big failure for once well
      esteemed companies. It is what happens when your
      outfit is taken over by accountants and lawyers or folks who
      think they are smarter than everybody else.

      Walthers is a distributor, and though they do commission
      and manufacturer many HO and N scale accessories and
      structures, they also do an excellent job of offering a wide
      variety of manufactured items from all sorts of makers.
      Their huge catalogs or "reference books" are something I
      often use just to see what the heck is going on in model
      railroading. Walthers is probably keeping Marklin alive
      during this severe recession.

      I do hope that Marklin regains its creative leadership role in model
      railroading and by bringing the work back home to Germany, it
      should inspire even better Z scale products.

      The Marklin Z scale GG1 is incredible! Sure it can be improved,
      but so should everything else made by our various manufacturers.

      Just ramblin' on

      Reynard