65529Re: [Z_Scale] Re: How real is Marklin?

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Oct 7, 2010
      Mark,

      A lot of people, myself included, feel that the biggest mistake made here
      in the US was the downsizing of Marklin Inc (the US subsidiary) and the move
      towards Walthers. Walthers is just not focussed on Marklin. It is simply
      'one of the brands'. Marklin Inc did a tremendous job waiving the Marklin
      flag, promoting to stores, organizing events, and assisting consumers. Marklin
      needs that back.

      On the German political side, there is a strong push to keep the company
      going. Also, the employees are motivated and the brand is still strong. I look
      forward to the day Marklin regains in market share here in the US. I know I
      will continue to promote them and share their Z scale new releases.

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com