65113Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Marklin transformer polarity

  • Willy Fritz
    Jul 25, 2010
      Dear luckykid,

      you NEVER can use anything written for Marklin H0 ! Because Marklin H0 is
      AC-driven.

      In your first post you remarked that you use Marklin Z - which is DC driven.

      As in soem other reply was already mentioned, you have to use some kind of
      block-wiring to attach more than one (original Marklin) power pack to your
      layout.

      These facts are neatly printed on the power packs themselves using
      international symbols for DC (as opposed to AC) for the track contacts of
      the pack. You should know there are two different contacts for AC - they are
      ONLY used for switch magnets or layout lighting! Don't use them as track
      feeders!!!

      With kind reagrds,
      Willy

      PS: Keep on asking - I hope, your next questions aren't about "How can I
      extingguish a fire in my train room?" :-)