64911Re: soldering

  • Rainer Kuhn
    Jun 1, 2010
      Hello everybody,

      I just discovered your website and decided to become a member. Please let me introduce myself.

      My name is Rainer (Ray) Kuhn and I reside on Long Island, NY. I am retired and want to take up my hobby (which I started in the 90' and for which I have limited knowledge) again. I do however, have a large collection of engines and rolling stock which had been stored for the last 10 or so years. As it turned out approx 90% of all engines were "frozen" and it took a lot of time and patience to get them back to excellent running conditions. Unfortunately I had did have a few "casualties". The wires leading to the light bulb assembly broke off on the following engines: 2 # E 94 (Marklin # 8822) and 1 # Be 6/8 Swiss Crocodile.
      My soldering gun seems much to big for such a microscopic job beside I am not good at it.
      I am wondering if you have any recommendation as to who could do such repairs.

      Thank you for your help.

      Ray
      Rayas911at yahoo.com