64569Re: Decoder for Micro train SD40-2 ???

  • Garth
    Mar 9, 2010
      Hi Jack;

      The photos show that the slot that holds the light board has to be modified to accommodate the thicker board from TCS versus the light board from Micro Trains. The height of the slot was altered with a file to increase the height of the gap into which the board has to placed. There is no modification made to the MZA4 board as that would void your warranty on the decoder.

      The slot has to done carefully so that the board is caught in the slot to make electrical contact with the frame for power to the decoder.

      cheers Garth