64532Tenshodo D51 Locomotives

  • Reynard Wellman
    Mar 1, 2010
      Hi Z scalers,
      Just a few words about these charming and
      smooth running new steam engines.

      After running a couple of the D51s for a few days now,
      I have found that these are the best running, operational
      steam locomotives I have experienced in Z scale. Turnouts
      are not a problem for them to negotiate, though they do
      kind of "bump" around in the frogs of the MTL turnouts.
      Not a problem; the excellent electrical pickup system keeps those
      beautiful drive rods shuffling.

      Apparently Tenshodo has been making HO and N scale
      engines and rolling stock for decades, so now they are venturing
      into Z scale. With quality like this they could absolutely dominate
      the US prototype market for Z scale steamers if they choose to.

      I believe they have set a new steam engine standard for our scale.

      best regardZ,
      Reynard
      PS: I have no connection to Tenshodo.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic