64394Re: [Z_Scale] Re: D51 Japanese Mikado at show yesterday.

  • Reynard Wellman
    Feb 6 12:02 PM
      Hi Loren,
      As in horse racing, the old saw "competition improves
      the breed" should be applied to our Z manufacturing
      undertakings. Yes, price is a big, big factor when folks
      are considering an item. But the value of "quality" eventually
      enters into the equation. For instance, if you've bought yourself
      a nice cheap chair that one day busted out from under
      you (thus your hip got bruised) , you'll most likely never
      to buy a cheap chair like that again. Believe me there is
      some awful furniture out there!

      Doing the research and engineering, obtaining the right
      kind of tooling and using the talents of smart employees
      will always make for a positive ROI (return on investment)
      not only for the maker, but for the customer as well.

      I am so pleased that we now have an example in
      Z scale of a well made, cost effective STEAM locomotive
      with this new Tenshodo D51 Mikado.

      warm regardZ,
      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com