64392Re: [Z_Scale] Re: D51 Japanese Mikado at show yesterday.

  • Loren Snyder
    Feb 6, 2010
      Reynard,

      This loco does sound wonderful in comparison to many others, however one
      statement you made will surely come back to haunt steam lovers if
      manufacturers take your suggestion below seriously.

      Don't get me wrong, I whole heartedly agree with you that steam lovers need
      to make their wishes known regarding quality.
      I'd suggest that almost anything is a possibility when it comes to
      manufacturing, however, to design a beautifully running, realistic looking
      steam loco here in the USA would end up costing much more than I think most
      folks would be willing or able to pay for.

      Shucks, I'll bet that many would gladly take on the project if they had the
      money and expertise to make such a loco and could be assured they would
      recoup their R&D costs when sales of said product commenced.

      Now, if we were all rich, then money would be no object of concern......

      Loren