64384Re: [Z_Scale] Re: D51 Japanese Mikado at show yesterday.

  • Reynard Wellman
    Feb 5 10:06 PM
      Hello Arnim,
      Yes, you are correct. The Tenshodo D51 does
      scale closely to the dimensions cited on
      the Wikipedia page. The length of engine with the tender is
      approx 3.58" to 3.62" (20 M if 1/1).
      Wheel diameter is approx .25" (1M 40cm if 1/1).

      However, without a $10,000 comparator it's almost
      impossible to say exactly. So it looks like most of
      our Z scale stuff is slightly larger in all directions
      than represented. But whose splitting hairs and counting
      rivets?

      This has been fun. I can't wait to run this puppy!

      warm regardZ,
      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com