64340Re: D51 Japanese Mikado back in stock

  • yenko_stinger65
    Jan 31 3:27 PM
      I concur most N scale steam sells out before it hit the market. Then now Kato says no more mike's after selling out 3 runs. The Atlas Shays sell out every run so why not more stream? As for the new Mike in Z wish I knew rob was going to carry them as I just ordered one the other night also. Will run as a Z scale but will also see about converting one to Nn3.
      rich

      > Hi Rob,
      >
      > I concur with your assessment of the "Hobby Search"
      > Tenshodo Steam Locomotive (Mikado) and of the
      > possibilities of the Japanese Z market. I purchased
      > one yesterday and hope that it will be as nice as it looks.
      >
      > I keep up with N and HO scale markets as well and I must say
      > that it is almost shocking how fast all and everything N scale
      > "steam" related has sold out completely and sometimes only
      > just a few days after their release! In some ways the Z folks
      > are lucky that they are not yet as large a market as N scale
      > because, being smaller, we have a little more time to consider
      > our purchases.
      >
      > BTW, most of all the diesels in all scales are plentiful and
      > are available online and at your LHS. It is the steam era stuff
      > that is selling out as fast as the manufacturers can get
      > those products to the stores.
      >
      > Steam is still supreme!
      >
      > warm regardZ,
      > Reynard