63917Re: Fastening MTL MicroTrack to luan plywood top

  • David K. Smith
    Nov 30, 2009
      The only problem with contact cement is that it forms a bond immediately upon contact, as the name implies. This leaves no room for error; it assumes you have the track sections already connected, and that you can drop them in the right spot the first time.

      Other cements, such as Tacky, Liquid Nails or caulk allow you to make adjustments to the track before it sets. This can be a lifesaving advantage, particularly for novice modelers.

      --David
      http://jamesriverbranch.net/
      http://1-220.blogspot.com/

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Clifford t" <cliff@...> wrote:

      > I have tried almost all genrally available cenents and have found the most effective to be "The Ultimate" which is generally avilable at Michaels and other art supply stores. It is water based and usable on ALL smooth surfaces as a CONTACT CEMENT.Thin it Carefully and it can be brushed.A hair dryer will speed up operations.
      >
      > Use very sparingly with MTL sections. With flextrack just brush it on ties and roadbed.
      >
      > Cliff
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "elruddick" <elruddick@> wrote:
      > >
      > > What method have you SUCCESSFULLY used to permanently fasten MTL MicroTrack to the luan plywood top on a module?

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic