63874Re: Fastening MTL MicroTrack to luan plywood top

  • zbarr474
    Nov 29, 2009
      Liquid Nails is available at Lowes or Home Depot. Note there are several different formulations. The smaller packages come in tubes much like large toothpaste tubes. The best I have found comes in a bright red tube and works well on foam and cork.

      http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&N=4294961544&Ne=4294967294&Ntk=i_products&Ntt=liquid+nails

      ...don

      > I've been reading about the use of Luan Plywood in the use of
      > building Large Format cameras. Based on what I've read in a book I
      > have on that, I don't believe there is anything special about Luan,
      > and things such as "Liquid Nails" should work just fine.
      >
      > Out of curiosity where do you find "Liquid Nails"? It sounds like it
      > might be just the thing to fasten my own Microtrains track down, as
      > well as for a house project I need to take care of.
      >
      > Zane
      >

      > --
      > | Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Administrator |
      > | healyzh@... (primary) | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
      > | MONK::HEALYZH (DECnet) | Classic Computer Collector |
      > | Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing, |
      > | PDP-10 Emulation and Zane's Computer Museum. |
      > | http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic