62916Re: The POINTS are AZL's to address

  • Garth Hamilton
    Aug 1, 2009
      While Rob and I may spar passionately on the merits of the MTL switch I have to agree with him on this one. This is not AZL's problem. The AZL product was manufactured in good faith without prior knowledge of the technical specifications of the switch from MTL and as such Dan has put it in perspective rather well. Wheel gauge is some thing we all have to address. The sad part is we are not all as capable as others when it comes to making these changes particularly on something like a GS4, BigBoy or Challenger. While a GP7, GP9, SD75 and F7's maybe easy for many of us, but the other three are a real challenge for the vast majority or us. While I feel certain I can adjust the back to back on AZL's prized Steamers and brass, I just won't do it, cause I can't afford to replace them if I should screw it up. The rest are fair game in my book.

      cheerz Garth