6282Re: RENT-A-LOK or RENT-A-WHOLE TRAIN

  • obin69@hotmail.com
    Sep 3, 2001
      Hi,

      Packages entering the UK from the States attract Tax at 17.5% if the
      stated value of the article, on the green customs form, exceeds £18.
      Checking the 'gift' box will perhaps dissuade the customs from
      looking too closely.

      Small packets usually take 4-6 days.

      Peter

      --- In z_scale@y..., "D. A. Karp" <z@c...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > Just a few note for those in the US buying from Europe... I've
      found
      > shipping from the UK or the Netherlands to be perfectly reasonable,
      both in
      > cost and timeliness. Shipping to and from Germany, on the other
      hand, can
      > get very expensive.
      >
      > Here's a hint, both for US buyers and German sellers: use uninsured
      > small-packet (unversichertes Päckchen). It's about a third of the
      cost as
      > standard shipping (~$10 versus ~$35), and is much, much faster (~1
      week
      > versus ~1 month).
      >
      > -David

      > http://www.creativelement.com/z/