  • Jeff BAZ-man
    May 4, 2009
      I think he is talking about the mounting pins, not the HxWxD size.

      My containers pretty much stay together but, they can come apart if trying to pick up the car via the top container or, right between the top and bottom container (pinch point). Sometimes, both come out of the well. My solution: CA. Solves the various vendor problem too. Now they all like each other :)

      As much as I try an get in the habit of picking up cars from all the way at the track level, sometimes with get picked up from above. This is a bad habit with heavy brass, leaving the chassis someplace between the shell and track (or desk or floor) !!!

      SF Bay Area Z

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Joe DAmato" <shipsure2003@...> wrote:
      > Wrong.
      > We have both the 20' and 40' containers as sheds out back and they match those dimensions...and I think the comment about them not staying together is a bit off base. In the years we have produced them, we haven't had any problems with them interlocking. They have always been packaged together in the well car and it they didn't line up they wouldn't have fit in nest.
      > Joe
      > MTL
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@> wrote:
      > >

      > > On Wed Apr 29, 2009 ztrack@ wrote:
      > >
      > > > To place MCZ on MTL containers, you may have to affix them to keep them
      > > > in place.
      > >
      > > Definitely. According to my micrometer, the Marklin containers (and the
      > > MCZ containers they mate with) are perfectly in scale, but the MTL
      > > containers are not. In my experience (admittedly limited), even the MTL
      > > containers will not ride on top of each other when running. So I
      > > recommend that anyone wanting to run intermodal trains should use magnets
      > > or temporary adhesive to secure their topside containers. The temporary
      > > adhesive is made by 3M and readily available at craft and hobby stores.
      > > Deluxe Innovations sells "Container Adhesive" for this purpose, but the
      > > craft store 3M version is probably cheaper.
      > >
      > > CheerZ,
      > > -- Malcolm Z
      > > MCZ Models

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic