      From: Charles Henebry <chuck_henebry@...>
      Subject: [Z_Scale] z-gauge advice
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 8:16 PM

      I posted the following query over on MarklinBandG@ yahoogroups. com, and
      got a mixed bag of advice. A number of users there warned me away from
      z-gauge as being more finicky and prone to error from dirt, etc. But
      one of the users there suggested I might get more favorable advice
      from the folks over here. I'm sure there's some overlap in the two
      user communities, so if you saw this message a few days ago, I'm sorry
      for the duplication.

      My father built up a great collection of Märklin HO when I was a kid
      in the seventies, but I've never had space for it in the various
      apartments I've lived in as an adult. So even though the collection
      became mine when my father passed away, I've left it in storage at my
      parents' house, taking it out to play with during visits. During those
      vacations, my son (now 13) has showed a strong interest, and so I'm
      considering starting a z-gauge collection, as I figure that would be
      better suited to the space we live in.

      What advice do you folks have for me? What are the pitfalls of z-gauge
      for people used to HO and how easily can they be overcome?

      Thanks,

      Chuck