59681Need Help in learning to paint and build from scratch for z scale.
- Feb 3, 2009Hello everyone,
I have paid other people to do this and now I would like to learn how to do it and need
help on where to start:
My goal is to first learn how to paint a resin built semi-trailer and scratch build -
buildings, homes, railroad cars, and autos, etc...
1. Assembly the trailer - I first have to glue the tires and front trailer
2. Second - wash the resign trailer,
3. Third - Sand any imperfections,
4. Fourth - primer it,
5. Fifth - then paint the trailer and tires and very very very small door
6. Sixth - and finally attach decals to it.
7. Seventh - I think then place a clear coat over all this?
I have looked at catalogs from Micro Mark and email them. They emailed me back
list of items needed to do the job. I was impressed with the quick response and
What I need help on:
1. Does anyone or can anyone think of anything else I need to do on this
trailer to finish
2. Can anyone recommend any other supplier?
3. Can anyone recommend the tools you think I will need for this?
I have done some research and most of the items needed Micro-Mark mentioned but
want to make sure I have everything and that I use the correct paint, glue, and
supplier, and etc...
Can anyone have any advice???
Thank you very much.
- Next post in topic >>