59583Re : [Z_Scale] Re: AZL latching couplers

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Jan 28, 2009
      I don't know what the respective radii are, but when looking at a 5-platform stack cars, it appears that the "inboard" trucks (ie those which are not to the extremities, those which support a platform each side side) have broader wheels than those to the extremities. But I don't remember the respective wheel radii.

      Dom

      >I seem to recall that modern freight cars especially high capacity
      >cars now run on 36 inch wheel sets rather than the older 33 inch
      >ones. MTL's I think represent 33 inch size. Could it be that AZL is
      >representing 36 inch as used on modern cars with roller bearing
      >trucks. Having said that I think there are some enclosed auto racks
      >that run on 30 inch or 28 inch wheels. Be interesting to see what the
      >match is to prototype. There is more than one length for freight
      >trucks as I recall.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic