59016Re: New MTL UP

  • fredshark@earthlink.net
    Dec 1, 2008
      Union Pacific licensing has been royality-free since November 2006.

      http://www.trains.com/ctt/default.aspx?c=a&id=697

      Standing firm on principle, Mike Wolf, president and owner of MTH Electric Trains, has negotiated a new royalty-free licensing deal with the Union Pacific Railroad that extends to all model railroad manufacturers and their products in all scales.

      "It was the right thing to do," Wolf said in an exclusive interview with Kalmbach Publishing Co., publisher of CLASSIC TOY TRAINS magazine.

      Wolf announced that the deal, reached November 2, 2006, is royalty-free and continues in perpetuity. "It's the best thing for the long-term health of the hobby," Wolf said, forsaking any advantages that MTH would have gained from negotiating a deal only for itself.