58716Re: Re : [Z_Scale] So you want Z recognition do you? Well, here is our opportunity.

  • John Mui
    Nov 6, 2008
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "M & J Piersdorff" <countylovers@...>
      To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 9:42 PM
      Subject: Re: Re : [Z_Scale] So you want Z recognition do you? Well, here is
      our opportunity.

      Dom, I don't think slow speed with a GP35 is what he is referring to...I
      think it is the inability so far to easily couple and uncouple cars, a major
      concern where switching operations are concerned. I know many in the
      Z-scale community are working on the issue, but so far the solution seems
      out of reach...maybe next year, and hope.

      Michael

      Micheal, I dont have problem coupling and uncoupling using MTL couplers and
      uncouplers, but its not easy. Every coupler needs to be tested to make sure
      they operate correctly. You also need to know which is the best switching
      speed, and where is the best spot to stop under the magnet. When everything
      is working like it suppose to, its magic.

      John

      7:58 AM

      7:58 AM