      From: de Champeaux Dominique
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:31 PM
      Subject: Re: Re : [Z_Scale] So you want Z recognition do you? Well, here is our opportunity.

      My issue arrived today. Very nice photo of weathered freight cars on this superb bridge!

      On another hand I purchased yesterday a recent Kalmbach publication: "Mid-Size Track Plans for Realistic Layouts" (from Bernie Kempinski). This book shows a handful of trackplans in the 10 x 15 feet range. Of course mainly HO and N, with a few G, S, O and.......One in Z!!!!!

      The Z scale trackplans depicts Utah Railway, and the author emphasizes about Z scale's latest years enhancement. He speeks of the fast improving choice of rolling stock and track system, and he speaks of the availability of modern and various motive power (AZL's and MTL's).

      The only drawback beeing in my opinion the author's statement about unability with Z scale to perform switching duties. Certainly Mr Kempinski hasn't seen yet a Z scale GP35 crawling with a Passmann or Zthek controller.

      But anyway, It's interresting enough to be emphasized, provided Z scale shouldn't have been even spoken about only a very few years ago in such a publication....

      Dom