58686Re: Secondhand dealers in Switzerland

  • kz3dx
    Nov 4, 2008
      Hi Mike,

      Thanks for the reply.

      I am familiar with the little shop that is around the corner from the
      train station in Lucerne, Switzerland, but not the one in Laussane.

      I think the transportation museum you are referring to is in Lucerne.
      And, yes I visit it every time I am there. They have moved the
      layout to a new location and appear to have expanded it, from my visit
      two years ago.

      The other thing that I visit at the museum is the Amateur Radio Station.

      I have always been quite lucky finding deals on Z in Switzerland.
      Because of my killer schedule on this trip, I was not able to visit
      any train stores.

      But, in the past I have gotten great deals at the Zurich modellbahn swap.

      There is a guy who has a store at the train station at Meggen,
      Swtizerland. Meggen is about 5 minutes (by train) from Lucerne on the
      north side of the lake. His shop is in the same building as the train
      station. He has a lot of used trains. Some of the items are not
      priced, but the owner speaks English so all you have to do is ask. I
      have gotten some really great deal at this place. Plus it is a very
      nice convenient shop to visit.

      Another place where I have found a lot of Z at great prices is at the
      modellbahn swap at Radolfzell. This is a small town on the German
      Swiss boarder just east of Schaffhausen, Switzerland. It is only held
      about three or four times a year, but if you are in the area when it
      is held, it will be well worth you time to attend.

      The exchange rate for the Dollar (US and Canada) and the Swiss Franc
      is very favorable. In fact, Switzerland is quite a bargain right now.

      Bill

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mompey" <mompey@...> wrote:

      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "kz3dx" <kz3dx@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I will be in Switzerland for a couple weeks and I would like to
      > visit
      > > some secondhand Z dealers.
      > >
      > > I will be in the following cities:
      > >
      > > Lausanne
      > > VeVey
      > > Montreux
      > > Chur
      > > Zurich
      > >
      > > If you know of any secondhand Z dealers in these cities I would
      > > appreciate it if you would let me know.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Bill
      > >

      > HI Bill
      >
      > We were in Europe in March this year and when in Lausanne Switzerland
      > visited a small little hobby shop around the corner from the train
      > station, but no Z scale, when your there (In Lausanne) make sure you
      > go to the transport museum there is a HO layout and a great
      > collection of the 1:1 gauge.
      >
      > I have found e-bay to be the best value, European hobby shops arnt
      > the cheapest.
      >
      > Have a good trip.
      > Mike.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic