      From: "Don A" <zbarr474@...>
      To: <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 10:31 AM
      Subject: Re: Re : [Z_Scale] So you want Z recognition do you? Well, here is
      our opportunity.

      When Andy Sperandeo, Model RR Editor in Chief talked with Dave George,
      Garth hamilton and myself at the Detroit NMRA/NTS in 2007, Andy
      emphasized he prefers photo shots from low to the ground -- the way
      real people see real trains. Andy does not think "helicopter" views
      are anywhere near as good. FWIW.

      ...don

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

      > Jack,
      >
      > That is a slam dunk for sure and you and Tony are very much
      appreciated for
      > your fine showing.
      >
      > One catch though, you must somehow submit an article and GOOD photos
      to some
      > of these magazines. No guarantee they will use your material, but
      if you do
      > submit, let the Z community know, and we will all be able to
      document to any
      > publishing nay sayers that say "nothing is being submitted" that is
      isn't
      > true.
      >
      > Thought for all concerned.......perhaps at each show you attend, you
      think
      > seriously about some picture composition possibilities and make the
      effort
      > to take high resolution photos of the best workmanship. And then
      write up
      > something and send it off.
      >
      > This is a group effort of sorts.
      >
      > Loren

      Brucia's)
      > and works in progress (mine). We walked away from the show with
      people's
      > choice awards for first, second & third places for Tony's modules!!
      We also