      From: dpstripe@...
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 1:00 PM
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Track Vac Time - Fall Layout Tuneup

      In Pennsy speak, the plural of "caboose" is "cabin cars", so it becomes much
      simpler.
      Dan S.

      In a message dated 11/1/2008 11:17:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      _jimo.crcmnvgtr@..._ (mailto:jimo.crcmnvgtr@...) writes:

      > You know, I never thought that the plural of caboose was cabeese.
      That's very interesting. If this is so, then why isn't the plural of
      moose, meese? Very interesting indeed.

      Yes, why isn't it so. Many will tell you it follows the "goose/geese"
      rule. On the other hand older dictionaries, and places like
      Dictionary.com will tell you that the pural of caboose is cabooses.
      Cabeese generated in the model railroading crowd years ago. So, if you
      think it is cool to use new words for old, go ahead. Only your grade
      school English teacher will probably care. Cheers, Jim CCRR

      **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot
      5 Travel Deals!