57184Re: turn-out switch panel

  • Don A
    Jul 9 3:59 AM
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "tomfonte" <tomfonte@...> wrote:

      > Hello & help! Recently saw a nice looking turn-out panel with 24 3pos
      > toggle switches with their individual sets of green & red turn-out
      > indicators. Question: when these boards are fabricated, are the relays
      > that provide the holding contact circuits for the indicators usually
      > incorporated behind the panel. I can only view the box from the front &
      > the seller is not a model train guy.

      I am working on somewhat the same situation. In my case I am using
      ATLAS 200 switch relays to control the LED's since they are steady
      state. The toggle switch is a momentary switch and it controls the
      MTL Turnout motors and obviously send a shot of power to the ATLAS
      switch at the same time. The toggles & LED's are mounted on the
      control panel and the ATLAS are mounted on a couple of shelves beneath
      the control panel. I think trying to mount all twenty four Atlas on
      the underside of the panel would take way too much real estate
      especially with switches somewhat irregularly places plus all the
      LED's. Contract me off-forum/direct if you would like some photos as
      to my setup.

      ...don
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic