57125Re: Fw: Last run thru the Alps !

  • Jeff BAZ-man
    Jun 25, 2008
      It was a weekend. Besides, I broke my collar bone Friday night at
      the company soccer game so consider it 'theropy' :)

      I'm back Tuesday and my shoulder is getting amazingly better.
      looked at my 3x6 End module for inspiration. Track time tomorrow
      (unless the doctor says nope, noway, nada, nix).

      Jeff
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

      > Jeff,
      > Aren't you supposed to be working, you know, making money for your
      > company............not having fun riding trains and having the
      time of your
      > life. Just doesn't seem fair to the rest of us working slobs.
      >
      > Enjoy while you can,
      > Loren

      Started just
      > across the Swiss border in Haltingen, Germany (by Wil on the
      Rhein). There
      > was a load problem that held up our first Lok's arrival but we
      made it all
      > up. Normal departures usually get held up all over so starting
      late is good.
      > We ended up in Frutigen, in in the Kander Valley by one of the
      NEAT tunnel,
      > just past Thun, about 50km south of the Bern capital.. Talk about
      super
      > elevated track! About a 12" difference from one track pair to the
      other !!
      > The new high speed test train was parked on a siding. This one can
      increase
      > the existing speed by tilting the cars themselves by an additional
      9
      > degrees. There are some LONG turnouts for 120kmh trains. Look like
      a #12 or
      > something.
      > Our loads are 3 axle trucks (Lorries) on the equivelant of a
      containel car.
      > 4 macro sized wheels under it ! Pix when I get home.
      >
      > Well, off we go, back down the hill, dynamically breaking most of
      the way.

      > We pass thru Olten, nearby where Jürg lives but not able to stop
      by on this
      > visit.
      >
      > Jeff
      > SF Bay Area