56522Re: Wheel/coupler combinations

  • Allan Borg
    May 2, 2008
      I don't find that plastic wheels leave deposits on the track so much as
      the track leaving metal deposits on the wheels. That is usually as a
      result of runnung a bright boy over the rails which leaves a little
      metal powder on the railheads unless you go over it with a swab of
      alcohol.
      Allan Borg

      > On Fri, 2 May 2008 10:38:10 -0400
      > George Evans <gevans@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Again i am new to this hobby. What is wrong with plastic wheels?
      >
      > They don't run on the track as well as metal ones, they also gradually
      > leave tiny amounts of plastic residue on the track which is a real
      pita to
      > remove.
      >
      > Its a big deal if run a large exhibition layout where the trains run
      many
      > miles (real not scale) in a day but hardly a big problem for a small
      > setup.
      >
      > Alan

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic