56486Re: Are track nails (8999) made of gold ?

  • Jeff BAZ-man
    May 1, 2008
      Micro Engineering sells them. #30-106 for N scale. Many hobby shops
      but not direct. Work perfect, if you're not just gluing it down. (use
      white or yellow glue, Hobby Tack from Woodland Scenics or most any Tack
      glue found at craft supply stores) Use simple 'push pins' to hold in
      place until the glue dries (a few very short ours for white or yellow
      glue, seconds for CA or up to a day for Tack glues).

      SF Bay Area Z

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "vaclav_sal" <vaclav_sal@...> wrote:
      > As a returning Z scale hobbyist - I bought my starter set in 1972 - I
      > am having tough time finding reasonably priced track nails.
      > It seems they are either out of stock or priced around $5 plus
      > up to $10.
      > I know Z scale is on the pricey side but over 10 bucks for pack of
      > nails is not reasonable.
      > Anybody has a good and economical source for 8999 track nails?
      > Vaclav
      > PS I am not considering gluing the track at this time. Finding out
      > Marklin flex track is not very easy to put down without nails.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic