55882RE: [Z_Scale] Re: Ztrains New Article: Static Grass Applicator

  • Melissa Cull
    Mar 5, 2008
      Hi John,

      No not strange at all, I've built a mains powered ioniser a few years ago
      which was a sealed unit when finished and worked in electronics industry for
      many years with low voltage modules that would produce 50,000 volts low amps
      to power mini flourescent tubes in computer flat screens - nice kick off
      those if not careful, some of my colleagues used to use the tiny circuit to
      make car security devices - touch the car and get zapped - dangerous but a
      good deterrant for car thieves!

      People with weak hearts, pacemakers should avoid working on these types of
      circuits and also using them or the electronic fly swats - 50,000 volts low
      amps but still have a warning.

      Kind RegardZ

      Melissa Cull

      Hi Melissa,

      Glad you liked the article. If you do build one, just remember you
      need a high voltage generator. The one in the article produces 15kV
      volts. That sounds really strange I know, but it's a low amperage device.