55846Re: Turnout Derailment

  • Garth Hamilton
    Feb 29, 2008
      I would look closely at one car going through the turn out and you
      might find that the back to back on the Marklin wheel sets of the
      problem car is too small or tight and the wheel set can not pass
      through the two guard rails. This usually causes a wheel pop up on the
      guard rail beside the frog.

      regards
      Garth

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "apoulo" <apoulo@...> wrote:

      > I'm new to the group and relatively new to z scale. I am experiencing
      > a problem running Marklin cars over MTL turnouts. The problem only
      > occurs on right hand turnouts when making a right hand turn. Marklin
      > cars derail a high percentage of the time while MTL cars have no
      > problem. My guess is the problem lies with the Marklin couplers. I
      > think the coupler of the first car is exerting an outside pressure on
      > the following car, causing it to want to go straight and jumping the
      > switch.
      >
      > I'm not sure my analysis is correct, and even if it is, I can't
      figure
      > out a solution. Has any one else experienced this problem, and does
      > any one have a solution?

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic