55499Re: Ebay seller fees going up - AGAIN

  • basstuy
    Feb 1, 2008
      i am building a site fore free np question is howe do i secure that
      a offer is serieus, ore do we left that between the parties and do
      we only the advertising and let whe the handling between the
      parties??
      Input is welcome

      Bastiaan Stuy

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "w7gsa" <w7gsa@...> wrote:

      > I read this morning that Ebay fees are going up AGAIN next month.
      > This time they are going to lower the cost of listing an item and
      then
      > almost double the fees when the item is sold. PLUS, the PayPal
      fees
      > of course.
      >
      > I think it is time for someone to start a Free, or ultra low cost,
      > classified web page for Z scale and/or Marklin trains.
      >
      > I am a ham radio operator. There are several Free classified
      websites
      > if you want to sell your ham radio equipment. One of the sites
      > requests that you make a donation if your item sells, but you are
      not
      > obligated to do so. The other one charges something like $10 or
      $15 a
      > year and you can buy and sell all of the stuff you want for that
      one
      > price. And the third one is totally Free.
      >
      > I don't have a problem with a company making a nice profit, but I
      > believe that some companies like ebay and the oil companies (to
      name
      > two) have crossed the line between profit and GREED.
      >
      > What do you think?
      >
      > Bill

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic